Re: Linux 7.1 dependency problems

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Linux 7.1 dependency problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 05 July 2002 08:58 am, RFLM101@aol.com wrote:
> I'm trying to install Postgres 7.2.1-5 RPM onto my linux 7.1 system.
> Accordingly, I seem to need three files...

> libcrypto.so.2
> libreadline.so.4
> libssl.so.2

> How can I obtain these files??  I've tried the Postgres libs RPM, but it
> doesn't contain them.

The RPM above referenced is from a Red Hat release later than 7.1 (7.3, in
particular).  Red Hat 7.3 inlcudes updates for the readline and ssl packages,
which this RPM wants.  Either rebuild the RPM from the source RPM or upgrade
to Red Hat 7.3.  Otherwise you might rapidly descend into 'dependency hell'
that will basically be a manual upgrade to Red Hat 7.3.  Just much less fun.

Rebuilding from the source RPM is documented in the RPMset itself -- as part
of the source RPM it is README.rpm-dist, which after a rpm -i of the source
RPM will be in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES (for a Red Hat system, of course).
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio