Re: Bug in 7.2.1? -- ERROR: Adding columns with defaults is not implemented.

От nconway@klamath.dyndns.org (Neil Conway)
Тема Re: Bug in 7.2.1? -- ERROR: Adding columns with defaults is not implemented.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 05:33:29PM -0700, ad wolf wrote:
> ERROR:  Adding columns with defaults is not implemented.
>         Add the column, then use ALTER TABLE SET DEFAULT.
>
> My question is two-fold -- first, is this new behavior a feature, or a
> bug?

IIRC, it's a feature -- I think it was always broken, we just tell you
about it now.

> I'd like to stick with 7.2.1, but this new behavior is making it
> difficult for me.  I can't simply drop & recreate all my tables just
> to add a column!

Read the error message: it says that you simply need to execute 2
commands: ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN, followed by ALTER TABLE SET DEFAULT.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>