Managing database with PostgreSQL

От Elsa LARREUR
Тема Managing database with PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

Up to now, I managed an Access database with a JAVA application on
Windows NT. This database was registered in ODBC parameters.

Now, I would like to port my database in order to use my appli with
Windows or Linux, and to do it, I've chosen to use PostgreSQL.
So, I woud like to know if we must install complete PostgreSQL
everywhere the JAVA appli is running or not?? (like with MS Acces : only
".mdb" files are installed and registered). In other words, is it
possible to manage a pgsql database saved in a specific file?

Thanks for your help,

E.LARREUR