Re: Performance of ODBC-Driver /w IIS5.0/ColdFusion

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Re: Performance of ODBC-Driver /w IIS5.0/ColdFusion
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Le Vendredi 5 Juillet 2002 19:20, Markus Wollny a écrit :
> We've still not been successful in our attempts to migrate from oracle
> to PostgreSQL - and we've got ODBC under suspicion to cause a servere
> bottleneck.

IMHO, this is not an ODBC problem.
1) Did you allow enough shared memory to PostgreSQL?
2) If a page takes 50 seconds to load, this is most likely a problem of
long-running queries. For example, if a views containing an ORDER BY
statement is used in an INNER or LEFT JOIN, PostgreSQL is likely to take
seconds to perform the join. So, turn debugging on and try to locate
long-running queries.

Maybe you should post your questions on pgsql-general@postgresql.org where you
are more likely to meet Oracle users.

Cheers,