Re: libpq++ build problems

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: libpq++ build problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Interesting.  I thought -O2 was only set in /template files, but I now
> > see it is set in configure too.  The following patch fixes the libpqxx
> > compile problem on FreeBSD/alpha.  The old code set -O2 for
> > FreeBSD/i386, but that is already set earlier.  The new patch just
> > updates the FreeBSD/alpha compile.
>
> Except that it now fails to set CFLAGS correctly.  Please avoid "expr"
> too.  "case" is fine.

Changed, I assume for portability.

> Actually, you can't really set CXXFLAGS in the template file, because at
> that point you don't know what kind of C++ compiler is going to be used
> yet.  That's why it's handled in configure later.

Looking at configure.in, it looks pretty safe:
 if test "$ac_env_CXXFLAGS" != set; then   if test "$GXX" = yes; then     CXXFLAGS=-O2   else     case $template in
 osf)            CXXFLAGS='-O4 -Olimit 2000' ;;       unixware)       CXXFLAGS='-O' ;;       *)              CXXFLAGS=
;;    esac   fi fi

Because CXXFLAGS is already set for freebsd/alpha, it falls through,
missing the -O2 setting.

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: CREATE CONVERSION
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: CREATE CONVERSION