Re: old 7.2 bug?

От Patrick Welche
Тема Re: old 7.2 bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 03:53:15PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> > I have had an odd core dump in a bit of code that runs every hour since March
> > 2001, and for some reason just dumped core...
>
> Is the crash reproducible if you run it again?

No, and there wasn't anything special about the line it died on. The
comment

    /* Otherwise, start a new block. */
    block = (PGresult_data *) malloc(PGRESULT_DATA_BLOCKSIZE);

seems to suggest its a memory thing? It just happened to be one row too
many? But then, the file wasn't *that* big - compared to others that went
through OK..

Cheers,

Patrick