Re: Should next release by 8.0 (Was: Re: [GENERAL] I am

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Should next release by 8.0 (Was: Re: [GENERAL] I am
Дата
Re: Should next release by 8.0 (Was: Re: [GENERAL] I am  ("D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > Actually, the "big" change is such that will, at least as far as I'm
> > understanding it, break pretty much every front-end applicaiton ...
>
> Only those that inspect system catalogs --- I'm not sure what percentage
> that is, but surely it's not "pretty much every" one.  psql for example
> is only affected because of its \d commands.

Okay, anyone have any ideas of other packages that would inspect the
system catalog?  The only ones I could think of, off the top of my head,
would be pgAccess, pgAdmin and phpPgAdmin ... but I would guess that any
'administratively oriented' interface would face similar problems, no?