Re: uploading texts

От Frank Joerdens
Тема Re: uploading texts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 11:44:05AM -0400, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 03:47:44PM +0200, Frank Joerdens wrote:
>
> > I've been thinking about using the wv library to parse M$ Word files
> > server-side after uploading them, and then stuffing the resulting bits
> > into a db. I think it would be a good thing to be able to do. I haven't
> > gotten 'round to it though.
>
> I suspect that this software already does what you want:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/Kaivo/DocumentLibrary
>
> You might be able to modify it to use PHP or to use Postgres (or
> both, of course).

Yep, it uses the wv lib too, to convert an entire Word document to text.
My thinking was though that you'd want to create Word templates which
would correspond to certain document types with e.g. abstract, sections,
paragraphs etc.; which you'd then take apart via wv to stuff the
individual pieces into sql tables which'd mirror the structure of the
templates. Maybe just fanciful thinking as the uses for such a system
would be rather specific - such as storing and managing academic papers.

Regards, Frank