Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Well, it seems isdropped is going to have to be checked by _any_ client,
> > while holes in the number will have to be checked by _some_ clients.  Is
> > that accurate?
>
> What's your point?  No client that examines pg_attribute can be trusted
> until it's been examined pretty closely (as in, more closely than
> Christopher looked at pg_dump).  I'd prefer to see us keep the backend
> simple and trustworthy, rather than pursue a largely-illusory idea that
> we might be saving some trouble on the client side.

Largely-illusory?  Almost every pg_attribute query will have to be modified
for isdropped, while Hiroshi's approach requires so few changes, we are
having trouble even finding a query that needs to be modified.  That's
pretty clear to me.

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN
Сообщение: Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN