Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > ??? What do you mean by *lots of* ?
> >
> > Yes, please remind me.  Was your solution renumbering the attno values?
>
> Yes though I don't intend to object to Christopher's proposal.
>
> > I think there are fewer cases to fix if we keep the existing attribute
> > numbering and just mark the column as deleted.  Is this accurate?
>
> No. I don't understand why you think so.

With the isdropped column, you really only need to deal with '*'
expansion in a few places, and prevent the column from being accessed.
With renumbering, the backend loops that go through the attnos have to
be dealt with.

Is this correct?  I certainly prefer attno renumbering to isdropped
because it allows us to get DROP COLUMN without any client changes, or
at least with fewer because the dropped column has a negative attno.  Is
this accurate?

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN
Сообщение: Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN