Re: Limiting database size

От terry
Тема Re: Limiting database size
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
>>  Yeah.  <grin>   It's what MS SQL Server does, though.   As I
>> said, I think the whole concept of limiting database size in
>> MB is fundamentally flawed.   I mean, what's the database
>> supposed to do when it runs out of space?

Display a window that says:

"Management has determined that this database shall not exceed
XXXmb.  If your business function requires more disk space - take
it up with your manager."

Limiting database size is not a problem for developers, unless
they are unable/unwilling to explain to their management that
disks are a whole lot less expensive than terminating a database
application that depends them.

But then, M$ never takes any responsibility for the amount of
disk space it wastes.....

terry

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: