Re: unique index on function and column

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: unique index on function and column
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 14:35:16 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> writes:
> > Is there a simple way to do something like the following:
> > create unique index inst_u_app on inst (lower(host), psport);
>
> > It looks like you can have an index on several columns, but not
> > several functions.
>
> The standard answer is to make a custom function that accepts all the
> columns and produces a result you can index.
>
> This is sort of an academic "an existence proof is good enough" answer,
> but it *is* possible to get the results you want.  Making it more
> convenient hasn't risen to the top of anyone's to-do list.

It probably isn't worth the trouble in this case. The number of rows is small
and I will use a unique index without forcing a case independpent comparison.
For the time being this is good enough.

Thanks for confirming that I was reading the manually correctly.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: unique index on function and column
Сообщение: Re: unique index on function and column