Re: Posgresql - openoffice-JDBC

От Timothy Reaves
Тема Re: Posgresql - openoffice-JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 20:30:42 +0000
basis volume limited <bvol@b-vol.co.uk> wrote:

> On Monday 24 June 2002 01:58, you wrote:
> >  Once I added that to the class path, all works well!  I also use
> >  unixODBC with PostgreSQL & OpenOffice.
>
> did you manage to use  the OO/SO dialogs (General and ODBC tabs)
> through Tools>Data Sources  or did you edit the .odbc.ini file.  If it
> was the  former could you let me know  the settings please?
>
> I  compiled an ODBC driver  that came with postgres and had to  edit
> .odbc.ini to get it to work.

    With the driver supplied with PostgreSQL I had to manually edit the
odbc.ini file.  When I changed and used the driver supplied with unixODBC
the GUI worked.

When I setup my connecition with ODBCConfig, the Driver is:
    /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so
and the Setup is:
    /usr/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so

    According to unixODBC, they have made changes to the code, and have given
it back to PostgreSQL.  I do not know when PostgreSQL will incorperate
those changes.