Bug #694: can't store {digits} using JDBC

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #694: can't store {digits} using JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Dan Brown (dbrown@pingtel.com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
can't store {digits} using JDBC

Long Description
We are using the JDBC driver, and are losing partial data.  Whenever we try to store {digits} (note: exactly as shown
withthe curly brackets) we are finding that postgres is storing it as " igits ".  We can insert it via psql correctly,
butnot via the JDBC driver.  Also note, if we store something like {vdigits}, we have no problem.
Also, it works fine in Oracle 8.

The version of postgreSQL we are using is:
 PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on i686-pc-cygwin, compiled by GCC 2.95.3-5
( we are also seeing the same problem in Linux ).

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report

Сообщение: Re: could not convert (0xf9db) BIG5 to UTF-8