Re: syntax for access an alias in the where clause ?

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: syntax for access an alias in the where clause ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 11:13:31PM +0200, Michael Agbaglo wrote:

> Wei Weng wrote:
>
> >Is it allowed to use spaces in postgresql alias?
> >
> >Why dont you try to use alias1 instead of "alias 1"?
>

> really amusing... muhahaha...

I'm sure he didn't mean to make a joke, nor ridicule you, it was just a
misundertanding.

> I don't use the brackets either... I didn't assume that you might be
> interested in how the expression looks like or what aliases I'm using...

Sometimes, it makes all the difference. In this case, it doesn't. Aliases
are not available in the 'order by' clause: you need to repeat te full
expressions there.

Ross