Re: Users

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Users
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 00:46:59 +0100, Andy Pearce <andyj@basesys.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This may be the wrong forum, but I'm sure someone can help!
>
> I'm writing a VB application that uses PostgreSQL as the database backend. Is it common practice to create a user id
inpgsql for each user of the system or can I create one user id in pgsql and configure users within the application
usinginfo from a table in the database?

> The reason I'm asking is that either way I need to create the table in the database to decide what privileges each
userwill have, that will affect the application not the database.

Depend on what your access rules are you may be able to implement the
rules using views. Then they would be enforced by the database.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Josh Berkus"
Сообщение: Re: Request for builtin function: Double_quote
От: Wei Weng
Сообщение: text vs varchar