Re: [HACKERS] First cut at SSL documentation

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] First cut at SSL documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Bear Giles wrote:
> > Sorry, there is a newer version.  I will use that one.
>
> You may want to hold off on that - I've been busy lately and haven't had
> a chance to revisit the documentation or change some of the literal constants
> to numeric constants, but it's been on my "to do" list.

OK, thanks. I will hold off on the docs part.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get to these SSL patches (my vacation).
I am doing them now.

> The latter didn't affect the other patches since I planned on doing a
> latter-day patch anyway, but the documentation may need some big changes
> to emphasize that the rule that it's "use SSH tunnels if you just want
> to prevent eavesdropping, use SSL directly if you need to firmly establish
> the identity of the server or clients."
>
> (And sorry about responding via the lists, but your mail server doesn't
> like to talk to cable modem users.)

Sorry about the block.  RBL+ has been much more effective lately, and it
is because they are blocking more dialup users.  This the first false
positive I have gotten from them.  You can use momjian@postgresql.org or
route your email through west.navpoint.com.  I will see if I can pass
your IP through.  I can do it in my blacklist, but I am not sure that
works for RBL+.