Re: serial column vs. explicit sequence question

От Charlie Toohey
Тема Re: serial column vs. explicit sequence question
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
that definitely helps ! thank you Jason --- the key thing that I didn't
undertand, and you have now enlightened me, is that currval was connection
dependent --- I didn't think this would be guaranteed to work with concurrent
transactions, but now I understand.

Just prior to receiving your message, I posted a reply basically asking how
currval would work if there were concurrent updates --- please ignore that
response.

thanks everyone --- I now feel "empowered" to carry on with my project

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: