Re: Connect problem with JDBC in javaBean and JSP

От Nookala Satish Kumar
Тема Re: Connect problem with JDBC in javaBean and JSP
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Gaox

The problem is very simple. Copy the "pgjdbc2.jar"
file to the TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib directory. Restart
your tomcat server. That's it.

Regards,
Satish.

--- gaox <gaox@mountor.com> wrote:
> I try to write a bean to deal with all the operation
> of the database. Here are the codes:
>
> import java.sql.*;
> import java.util.*;
>
> public class ConnectDB {
>  String error;
>  Connection con;
>
>  public void connect () throws
> ClassNotFoundException,
>                             SQLException,
>                             Exception {
>   try {
>    Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
>    con =

DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql:test","postgres","");
>   }
>   catch (ClassNotFoundException cnfe) {
>    error = "ClassNotFoundException: Could not locate
> DB driver.";
>    throw new ClassNotFoundException (error);
>   }
>   catch (SQLException sqle) {
>    error = "SQLException: Could not connect to
> database.";
>    throw new Exception (error);
>   }
>   catch (Exception e) {
>    error = "Exception: An unknown error occurred
> while connecting to database.";
>    throw new Exception (error);
>   }
>  }
>
>  public void disconnect () throws SQLException {
>   try {
>    if ( con != null ) {
>     con.close();
>    }
>   }
>   catch (SQLException sqle) {
>    error = "SQLException: Unable to close the
> database connection.";
>    throw new SQLException (error);
>   }
>  }
>
>  public ResultSet viewDatabase () throws
> SQLException, Exception {
>   ResultSet rs = null;
>   try {
>    String queryString = "Select * From test;";
>    Statement stmt = con.createStatement();
>    rs = stmt.executeQuery(queryString);
>   }
>   catch (SQLException sqle) {
>    error = "SQLException : Could not execute the
> query.";
>    throw new SQLException (error);
>   }
>   catch (Exception e) {
>    error = "Exception: An unknown error occurred
> while test.";
>    throw new Exception (error);
>   }
>   return rs;
>  }
> }
>
> and the JSP is :
>
> <%@ page language="java" import="java.sql.*,
> java.io.*, java.util.*" %>
> <%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=gb2312"%>
> <jsp:useBean id="test" class="ConnectDB" />

> <%
> test.connect ();
>
> ResultSet rs = test.viewDatabase ();
>
> while (rs.next()) {
> %>
> <%
> }
>
> test.disconnect ();
> %>
>
> The environment is Redhat 7.2, postgreSQL 7.2,
> j2sdk1.4.0, Tomcat 4.0.3
> and the parameter CLASSPATH contains the
> /usr/local/pgsql/share/pgjdbc2.jar
> While I browse the page, it is said
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException:
> ClassNotFoundException: Could not locate DB driver.
>     at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:463)
>     at

org.apache.jsp.list$jsp._jspService(list$jsp.java:134)