Re: Poor performance in Porting Oracle based application to PostgreSQL

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: Poor performance in Porting Oracle based application to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:05:26 -0700
"Roberto Nanamura" <roberto@summa-tech.com> wrote:
> We are facing a performance degradation when we ported a Weblogic 6.0 sp2 (using
> BMP entity EJBs) from Oracle 8.1.7 to PostgreSQL 7.1.3 both using Linux RedHat.
> One of most insert/update intensive tasks is taking double the time it took in
> Oracle.

"It goes slow, what's wrong?"

We'll need more information in order to be able to make any meaningful
comments. Can you post the relevent parts of the schema? How much data
are you storing, how many updates/inserts are being executed? How large is
the performance degredation? If relevant, post the query plan for the
problematic queries (use EXPLAIN).

Cheers,

Neil

--