Bug #688: dump/reinstall fails with local sameuser security

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #688: dump/reinstall fails with local sameuser security
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
David Kaplan (dmkaplan@ucdavis.edu) reports a bug with a severity of 3

Short Description
dump/reinstall fails with local sameuser security

Long Description
I recently upgraded to postgresql-7.2.1-5.  Before doing so I did a pg_dumpall and then after upgrade I tried psql -e <
pgdump.txt. This
failed because in the upgrade pg_hba.conf had been changed to include the line:

local all ident sameuser

The end result was that psql, even though I was logged in as the postgres user and started psql as postgres, could not
connectas other users to install personal databases.  The fix was easy - temporarily go to trusting all.  Nevertheless,
itseems bad to me that the postgresql superuser was unable to connect as other users.  As this is the only way to set
ownershipof a table that I can find, the only way around is to change the security.  If there was some other way, then
pg_dumpcould be changed to set onwership without connecting as another user.

Sample Code
psql db1 postgres
\connect - user1

--- This fails

No file was uploaded with this report

Сообщение: Re: Bug #640: ECPG: inserting float numbers
Сообщение: Re: Bug #640: ECPG: inserting float numbers