database structure / generic client apps

От Bob Lapique
Тема database structure / generic client apps
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I am to write an interface to a database with 38 tables and will have to
write others in the future.

Instead of creating a form manually for each table, I would like to
create them dynamically (Trolltech's Qt). Same with queries. But to do
so, I need to know the structure of the database at RUN TIME.

The number of fields and their type is given by libpq++. ( Where is the
definition of the Oid number returned ? ) >> OK  :)

BUT I could not find out how to know if a table has a FOREIGN KEY
constraint on some other table. And what is its PRIMARY KEY. Yet,
PgAdmin manages to do that. Why not me ?   ;)

Thanks for help.

Thanks.