Re: "No Results were returned by the query" exception

От Jon Swinth
Тема Re: "No Results were returned by the query" exception
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
First off, thank you Dave and Barry for getting to the bottom of this.  I now understand why it is happening.

Now, I realize that I am probably in the wrong e-mail list, but why in the world would it work that way?
Why is the DB telling me when to commit or rollback my transaction?

This is going to make high volume operations not work very well.  No matter how well I select first before
trying to update or insert, I am going to run into issues of uncommited data from other clients.  This means
that when I try to insert a record because I don't see one already there (i.e. unique key) but there is already
an uncommited one there, I will receive an exception and be forced to rollback all my work.  The DB doesn't
allow me to do the simple step of handling the insert exception, finding the existing record, and simply updating
it and going on.  After all, the uncommited record that was in the way should be commited already because
otherwise the DB would not have known wither to throw an exception (other client commited) or allow the insert
(other client rolled back).

Thanks again for the help.