Bug #685: pg_dump don't works with many tables

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #685: pg_dump don't works with many tables
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Victor S. (vicsanca@idieikon.com) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
pg_dump don't works with many tables

Long Description
Sorry about the last two messages. We have finally identified when the error happens. We have near 1000 tables with 3
foreingskeys to three tables. Example:
Table A
Table B
Table C

Table 1--- foreign keys to A, B and C
Table 2--- foreign keys to A, B and C
Table 3--- foreign keys to A, B and C
.
.
.
Table 1000--- foreign keys to A, B and C

PostgreSQL works fine but if we try to do a pg_dump of the database (in verbose for debug the error) mode it breaks
after10 minutes(aprox.) when pg_dump is finding triggers for table A. The process exits with a "Killed" message.

With the same 1000 tables witout foreign keys it works fine.
Whe have tested it with PostgreSQL 7.1, 7.2 and 7.2.1 under linux systems.

Please contact us for more info if wou want.

Thanks

Victor Sanchez
IDI EIKON S.L.

Another questions: Commercial support cover this type of errors?

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report