Slow connection

От Arthur
Тема Slow connection
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi everybody,
I'm developing some projects in C++ (2.96) on linux (2.4.18-3) and I connect
to a postgres (7.2.1) database using libpq++. My connection is fine and my
queries execute normally (and quite fast).

The problem that all the other users/applications on our LAN experience
difficulties with their connections while my program is running - ie very slow
or timeouts.

We are all accessing a central postgres server.
My queries have no problems and as soon as I close my connection all the
other connection on the LAN are normal, once more.

Any advise or suggestions?

thanks

Arthur