Re: good PHP book for postgresql frontend

От Eckhard Hoeffner
Тема Re: good PHP book for postgresql frontend
Дата
Список pgsql-php
* Jules Alberts <jules.alberts@arbodienst-limburg.nl> [28 05 02 10:04]:

>hello world,
>
>i'm working on a small PHP/postgresql pilot project on linux. the
>postgresql part is not (yet :) a problem, but PHP is sometimes a bit
>puzzling. i guess that's because i'm used to straightforward 3gl
>programming, not to scripting languages that create HTML.
>
>so, i want to buy a book the make myzelf more familiar with PHP. it
>should not e a beginners tutorial, but thorough. and preferrably with a
>database part not focusing on mysql but on postgresql.
>
>can anybody recommend a good book? TIA!

I used PHP and MySQL Web Development (Welling/Thomson). In my
opinion, it's ok, that the book is written for MySQL as the name of
the functions differ, however, the results you may get in connection
with php are mostly the same.

Furthermore I use Quanta as Editor for the Scripts; you can
integrate the php-documentation in the programm. The highlightning
is alright (sometimes problems, if you are using single quotes).

--
Eckhard Hoeffner

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления: