Re: Help in connecting to a database with PHP

От Ludwig Lim
Тема Re: Help in connecting to a database with PHP
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Hi:

--- "Michael J. McGillick" <mmcgillick@attbi.com>
wrote:
> Hi:
>

> I'm trying to learn how to set up a .php file to
> connect to my
> PostgreSQL database. From the command line, I can
> connect, open and work
> in the database on my machine. However, if I create
> a .php page with the
> following information:
>

>    $db = pg_connect("dbname=baseball
> user=postgres");
>

> I get the following error message:
>

>    Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
> FATAL 1: IDENT
> authentication failed for user "postgres" in
> /var/www/html/baseball.php
> on line 10.

  Try checking the file "pg_hba.conf" ( Usually in
/usr/local/pgsql/data). It seems that your connection
requires a password. try to set the "auth_type" to
"trust" in "pg_hba.conf" to skip password check or use
"pg_connect(dbname=baseball user=postgres
password=<password of the user account "postgres");"

Hope that helps.

ludwig.