Re: query problem - get count in related table

От Rory Campbell-Lange
Тема Re: query problem - get count in related table
Дата
Re: query problem - get count in related table
Список pgsql-novice
Hi Ron

Thanks very much for your mail - apologies for the vagueness of my
original query. Your snippet works pretty well (although a.data has to
be specified in the group by, it appears). However I'm still looking to
get a result like this:

         id | data | count
        ----+------+-------
          1 |    2 |     3
          2 |    1 |     2
          3 |    4 |     1
          5 |    2 |     0
        (3 rows)

Cheers!
Rory

progress so far:

brandf=# select * from a;    brandf=# select * from b;
 id | data                    id
----+------                  ----
  1 |    2                     2
  2 |    1                     2
  3 |    4                     1
  5 |    2                     1
(4 rows)                       1
                               3
                             (6 rows)

brandf=# select a.id, a.data, count(*) from a,b where b.id = a.id
         group by a.id, a.data;

         id | data | count
          1 |    2 |     3
          2 |    1 |     2