Re: [NOVICE] Guarantee uniqueness of PGP key

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: [NOVICE] Guarantee uniqueness of PGP key
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 15:17:09 -0500,
  andre <andre@liquidprivacy.net> wrote:

> The problem is that some PGP keys are over 2713 bytes, and postgres (7.2)
> gives the error:

You might want to rethink your design. You probably want just the RSA or
DSA public key to be unique. Otherwise you will treat different versions of
what is essentially the same key as being different. (This might be due
to be signed by a different set of keys.) I suspect that this isn't what
you want. I think even the craziest people are using keys that should
be around 1000 bytes. Paranoid people (or those needing very long lived
public keys) are using ones half that size.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: