Re: FAQ - French traduction

От Jean-Paul ARGUDO
Тема Re: FAQ - French traduction
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 08:36, Jean-Paul ARGUDO wrote:
> > I am currently traducing the FAQ (cvs version) into french.
>
> "traduce" means to speak evil of falsely, to defame, malign, slander or
> misrepresent.  The word you want is "translate".

Yes, I really apologize for such beginner's mistake.

I really have problems with english when I am too busy and when I have
to write fast. I apologize it really.

I looked at the definition of "traduce" and it is interesting to learn
that many meanings are now obsolete. English people may now give to
"traduce" the mean of an italian proverb " Traduttore mentore " (the
translator is a lyar)...

                                       -*-
$ dict traduce
2 definitions found