Re: select * from mytable where myfield=null;

От Hoanui Morangie
Тема Re: select * from mytable where myfield=null;
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Ofcourse Noel! How would you design the following example:

Table ORDER:
------------
order_id (PK) not null
date not null
invoice_id (FK) null

Table INVOICE:
invoice_id (PK) not null

Column invoice_id in the ORDER table can not be defined as "not null" because we don't know invoice_id yet and there can not be "dummy" value because of FK constraint. This is 1:N (or 1:1) relationship where the other object is not mandatory.

| | | |
| INVOICE |o----------o<| ORDER |

Hoanui