Re: [HACKERS] postgresql 7.1 file descriptor

От jade
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postgresql 7.1 file descriptor
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, 8 May 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> jade <jade@vanzoest.com> writes:
> > I am running postgresql - 7.1 on Redhat 2.2.16-22 kernel.
> > Sometimes this the system becomes totally unusable with
> > "VFS: file-max limit 4096 reached" error?  The system is setup to have
> > 4096 file descriptor as default.  I was wondering how many file descriptor
> > does postgres open per backend process?
>
> Potentially lots.  Increase your system's NFILE limit, or reduce the max
> number of backends you will allow PG to start, or update to 7.2 which
> will let you set a per-backend file limit (see MAX_FILES_PER_PROCESS;
> AFAIR that parameter did not exist in 7.1).

Hi All,

Thanks for all the response -- it was all very helpful! I don't want to limit
the my backend processes because each response is consider "important" so
running any backend limitation is consider unaccceptable.  So,  I've increased
the system NFIle limit.. so far so good :-)

Are they any way to pool connections through a single backend process?

thanks,
Thanh

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Performance issues with compaq server
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Performance issues with compaq server