Bug #660: View name not stored in lowercase

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #660: View name not stored in lowercase
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Jacob (jacobpage@hotmail.com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
View name not stored in lowercase

Long Description
Somehow, the PGAccess client created a view in my database with the name  "AlbumList".  This view cannot be dropped or
queriedbecause view names are folded to lowercase when executing SQL statements, so it just sits as an unreferenceable
objectin the catalog.

Unfortunately, I don't know the commands PGAccess executes to generate this problem, but obviously PostgreSQL lets
capitalletters escape its attention when adding to the catalog.

P.S.  I am new to Postgres but am very impressed with the product.  Great job!

Additional Details
Vacuuming doesn't remove the offending view.

The version of PostgreSQL I'm using is 7.2.1 compiled with GCC 3.1.  The server is started with the option -i.  My host
isan AMD Duron 750 running RedHat Linux 7.1 (kernel version 2.4.18-0).

The error generated when refering to the offending view is "ERROR: Relation "albumlist" does not exist."  The commands
triedto refer to the view were "DROP VIEW AlbumList;" and "SELECT * FROM AlbumList;"

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report