Re: Pb with the French accentuated characters

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Re: Pb with the French accentuated characters
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Le Mardi 30 Avril 2002 15:56, frederic massot a écrit :
> Ok, but for a site allowing the updates of the data for a French users,
> or for a Brazilian, with the same interface ?
> Sometimes our customers are not French.
> Certain parts of the Web site will be updated with French characters,
> others with non French characters.

Latin9 means ISO_8859-15 = all Western languages.
This should work for Brazilian.

Otherwise, if you need Arabic + Japanese + French + etc..,
use a complete Unicode chain:

1) Your web pages (.php) should be saved in UTF-8 format.

2) Your web pages (.php) should send UTF-8 headers to the internet browser (to
tell the browser to switch to UTF-8).

3) PHP should be compiled with mb options enabled.
See http://uk.php.net/manual/en/ref.mbstring.php.
Otherwize you wron't be able to calculate string lenght, etc...
mbstring.func_overload should be set to 4 in php.ini to automatically
overload PHP functions with their ITF-8 equivalent.

Have fun,
Jean-Michel POURE

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Pb with the French accentuated characters
Сообщение: Re: Pb with the French accentuated characters