Re: abnormal size of the on-disk file.

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: abnormal size of the on-disk file.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Rajesh Kumar Mallah wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I have a small table  companies (< 300 rows)  and its on-disk size shows
> abnormal

If you've been making modifications to the table rows and haven't been
vacuuming you're going to have all the dead rows in the table as well
as live ones.  On 7.2 you'd need a vacuum full to clear the space at this
point (you can use normal vacuum more frequently during normal operation
to avoid needing the full).

> does unvaccuming makes tables  x2000  times largers??

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: