Re: help!

От Trond Endrestøl
Тема Re: help!
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 03:05-0500, martin tan wrote:

> I would just want to ask if what is the default password of
> postgresql after installing it... coz when i type su postgres it
> ask me a password which i dont know what?

Have you assigned a password at all to your postgres user?
This is done using the system password file.
PostgreSQL, I believe, does not store the password for the DBA
user.

If you have not assigned a password, you could su to root, then su to
postgres.

Trond Endrestøl                          |    trond@ramstind.gtf.ol.no
Patron of The Art of Computer Programming|   FreeBSD 3.5-S & Pine 4.33