Re: Backup very large databases

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: Backup very large databases
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Nikolay Mihaylov wrote:

> single database) the website (is used from a web site) going too slow,
> because of the backup.
> Database is 7.0, pg_dump is from 7.2.1

For starters why haven't you moved the DB to 7.2?

> Any ideas how I can make the process for backup to be with low priority,
> or can I use second readonly!?!?!?! Postgres server on same machine?
Not really sure if you could make it low priority "automagically", but you
could use ps to find the PID for the process and then manually do a nice
on it.

> Im also are interested to join/make? New group for very large postgres
> databases. Is there other people that running simillar large databases?

Don't know how many other people would be interested, but I like the idea.
However, what is wrong with just posting the questions to general?

I have about 7GB worth of data.