Re: more about pg_toast growth

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: more about pg_toast growth
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 12:26:38PM -0700, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> Surely I'd be willing to learn how to tune Pg, since I've staked my
> operation on it.  But, "max_fsm_pages" produces fewer pages on Google
> than "deep fried orangutan pancreas", and I do not often have the time
> to leaf through 460,000 lines of source.  Some documentation would be
> swell.

In case anything thinks he's kidding, he's not. max_fsm_pages produces a
total of 5 hits. 1 under runtime configuration for 7.3devel docs (which is
interesting since it's not runtime configurable). 1 in the postgreql.conf
sample file.

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/