Re: Update in trigger

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Update in trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
[Ikl_di] Lajos wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem with trigger in 7.1.3.
> I have a table with after insert trigger, which is making updates in
> another table.
> I recognized that the more records I have in first table the slower is
> my insert.
> If my trigger is doing something else, for example inserts in another
> table, it becomes * 20 times * quicker, and the speed of my insert
> doesn't depend on tablesize.
> Don't I have to make updates in trigger?
   Are  there  appropriate  indexes  on the table updated in the   trigger and is the database "VACUUM ANALYZE"ed so
theindexes   get used?

   Even  if  it  is  an AFTER INSERT trigger, your INSERT has to   wait until the trigger finishes, because it still
hasa right   to abort the transaction.

Jan

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: Primary and foreign key from system tables
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Logging option