Re: do foreign key checks lock parent table ?

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: do foreign key checks lock parent table ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
swalker@iglou.com wrote:

> So turning intially deferred on is a suitable solution?  It seems
> to work OK in this simple test case.

    It might change the behaviour of your application. If you set
    the constraints deferred, they aren't checked at insert  time
    and  the  PK's  aren't locked then either. So after doing the
    INSERT or UPDATE successfully, someone else can still  remove
    the primary key referenced in your rows without any problems.
    When  you  commit  your  transaction   then,   the   deferred
    constraints will fail and the COMMIT results in a ROLLBACK.

Jan