pgsql php problem

От
Тема pgsql php problem
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Question: PostgreSQL (Cygwin) with PHP on Windows 98

Please help me! My computer is not connected to
network (it uses TCP/IP
protocol under Windows OS).

I need to use PostgreSQL with PHP.

I did the following steps:
1. install Apache server (c:\apache)
2. install PHP 4.0 (c:\php)

and install MySQL win32.exe application to work with
PHP.

I dont know this with PostgreSQL! Because PostgreSQL
needs Cygwin (am i right?), so i installed Cygwin (cca
40 MB - not full installation) with packages like
ash,bash,cygwin,..,gzip,sh-utils, .. and postgresql7.2
for cygwin.

MySQL runs perfectly with PHP in my web browser, but
not PostgreSQL. I always get message:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()
in ..."

so this means probably that apache/php is not able to
communicate with postgresql, is that right?

To configure mysql i needed to edit my.ini file and
php.ini file, but with postgresql i dont know what to
exactly configure. I allowed php_pgsql.dll extension
(and copy this dll into extension directory) and
libpq.dll, but nothing changed.

please help me ...
marek