Re: mysql migration

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: mysql migration
Дата
Список pgsql-general
daniel wrote:
> hello list
> i'm looking at migrating my small mysql db to postgresql and i'm having
> trouble finding information an easy way to do it...  any suggestions/links?

    What about

        contrib/mysql/mysql2pgsql

    Please  keep  in  mind,  that  this is just a starting point.
    However small the database you're porting from MySQL is,  the
    fundamental  misconceptions  in the MySQL design usually lead
    to serious implementation errors on the application side.

    Forget anything you think you learned so far from  the  MySQL
    documentation.  The  MySQL  development  team prefers to tell
    people   things   like   "referential   integrity   is    for
    documentation  purposes".   You could've gotten kicked out of
    your  CS  class  for  repeating  such  bullshit.   So   their
    "documentation"  is  mainly "marketing material". It actually
    doesn't have much to do with relational databases.

Jan