Re: Again, sorry, caching, (Tom What do you think: function

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Again, sorry, caching, (Tom What do you think: function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
mlw wrote:
> [...]
>
> IMHO modifying the function manager to allow the return of a full row, and a
> "set of" full rows, answers a LOT of issues I have seen over the years with
> PostgreSQL extensibility.
   Sure.  Actually I think you'll have an easy project with this   one, because all the work has been done by Tom
already.
   The function manager isn't the problem any more. It  is  that   you  cannot  have such a "set of" function in the
rangetable.  So you have no mechanism to USE the result.

Jan