Won't Build

От Thorsten Haude
Тема Won't Build
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I'm trying to build PostgreSQL and have problems with JDBC support.

I call configure with the --with-java option (among others) but the
configure run ends like this:
- - - Schnipp - - -
checking whether to build Java/JDBC tools... yes
checking for jakarta-ant... no
checking for ant... no
checking for ant.sh... no
checking for ant.bat... /opt/java/ant/bin/ant.bat
checking whether /opt/java/ant/bin/ant.bat works... no
configure: error: ant does not work
- - - Schnapp - - -

I was not surprised that batch files don't work on my Linux box.
However, checking my Ant installation, I couldn't find neither 'ant'
nor 'ant.sh':
- - - Schnipp - - -
yooden@eumel> ll $ANT_HOME/bin
insgesamt 20
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         3056 Mär 17 20:17 ant.bat
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          301 Mär 17 20:17 antRun.bat
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          212 Mär 17 20:17 lcp.bat
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         3736 Mär 17 20:17 runant.pl
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         2705 Mär 17 20:17 runant.py
- - - Schnapp - - -

I found a similar question in the archives:
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2002-01/msg00223.php)
There are two answers, one which asked whether Ant was properly
installed, the other pointed out that batch files won't run on Linux.

Now the problem is neither of these but the simple fact that Ant 1.4.1
doesn't come with 'ant.sh', neither binary nor source distribution.

I guess here are some people who installed PostgreSQL with JDBC, so
the question is: How is is done?

My software:
SuSE Linux 7.2 (2.4.4-4GB)
PostgreSQL 7.2
Java 1.3.0
Ant 1.4.1

Thanks in advance!
Thorsten
--
The best leaders are those barely known to their followers; after them, those
they love; after them, those they fear; after them, those they despise.