Re: Program lose the connection to backend

От Ricardo Vaz Mannrich
Тема Re: Program lose the connection to backend
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Em Seg 11 Mar 2002 11:52, you wrote:
> Ricardo Vaz Mannrich <rvm_l1@uol.com.br> writes:
> > I have a program thar reads a file with a lot of rows (10000) and,
> > sometimes, my program can't insert new rows to the database because it
> > lost the connection to the backend. The problem is random and I don't
> > know what happens.
>
> Did you look in the postmaster log file to see what messages are
> recorded?  Did you look for a core dump file?

I think I have no log file becaus the start script uses -S in postmaster.
Just in 7.2 I have a log. I'll activate the logging and search for the
problem.

> > I think that postgres 7.2 slower than 7.1.2. My program processed 650
> > files 4 times faster in 7.1.2 using the same database structure (created
> > by pg_dump -s). Is this true? Is 7.2 slower?
>
> It's not supposed to be.  But with no details you're not going to get
> any useful answers, at least not better than "did you remember to VACUUM
> ANALYZE in the new database?"

Yes, every day :)

I'm using Linux 2.4.12 with Athlon 1.3, 256 RAM and HD IDE/ATA 40GB (I know
SCIS is better...) And I'm using the same machine.

--
Ricardo Vaz Mannrich
Comunidade GNU/Linux do Brasil - http://www.comlinux.com.br