Re: ERROR: DefineIndex: index function must be marked

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: ERROR: DefineIndex: index function must be marked
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Lec wrote:

> With version 7.2, when I tried to create an index using the built-in
> funtion date(), I got an error:
>
> ai=> create index stl_date on stl(date(stl_trxdate) );
> ERROR:  DefineIndex: index function must be marked iscachable
>
> What does this mean?  I could do so under version 7.1.2

See recent discussions on the mailing list.  I'm guessing that
stl_trxdate is a timestamp?  If so, date(timestamp) is not
cachable right now because the results depend on timezone and
so said index could get corrupted if you're doing things
from multiple timezones.  You could make the column
timestamp without timezone which I believe has a cachable
date().