Re: Install Cygwin PostgreSql as NT services

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: Install Cygwin PostgreSql as NT services
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Aldy,

Please post instead of sending private email.

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 05:05:15PM +0000, aldy_k78@softhome.net wrote:
> I'm Aldy. I want to install Cygwin PostgreSql as NT services in Windows
> 2000 Professional but I failed. The service ipc-daemon can be started as a
> service but the postmaster service can't. I guess it's because I didn't
> initialize PostgreSql under "postgres" account as it is said in
> postgresql-7.2.README.
> It's said that I have to log in as "postgres" or use ssh to emulate Unix's
> "su" command. Can you give me some more explanations how to do these?

Either logout and login as postgres or if you have sshd or inetd setup,
then login as postgres via ssh or telnet.  For example, since I already
have sshd setup, the easiest way for me to switch to the postgres user
is as follows:

    $ ssh -l postgres localhost

See the following READMEs for sshd and inetd setup:

    /usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-*
    /usr/doc/Cygwin/inetutils-*

if interested.

> (I tried to log in using login command and enter login:postgres and
> Password:postgres but it didn't work(there is an error:login incorrect)).
> Thanks in advance.

BTW, login is *not* meant to be invoked directly -- only by programs
such as inetd.

Jason