Re: error

От Joerg Hessdoerfer
Тема Re: error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Sunday 03 March 2002 21:08, you wrote:
> Hello
> i am using postgresq(cygwin)in windows 2000.When i start the postmaster
     ^^^^^^^^
No. You start using it ;-)
> after intialising the database i get the error as database "Administrator"
> does not exist in system catalog
>

> any ideas?
>

> Montfort

psql by default connects to a database named after the user - so one can
deduce from your mail that you are running as 'Administrator'.
Do either 'psql <databasename>', or 'psql -U <username> <databasename>' or
'createdb Administrator', then 'psql'.

Greetings,
    Joe
--