Re: postgre performance question

От Joerg Hessdoerfer
Тема Re: postgre performance question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 04 March 2002 15:07, you wrote:
> ....and I really do run vacuum when I clean the table.

Yes, but did you run 'vacuum analyze' on the filled DB? Else, your indices
will not be used...

If so, could you provide us with table structure, query and query plan?

> Is this the expected performance (a question to those who manage so big
> tables), or there might be something wrong with the configuration?
>
> Thanks again,
> Ioannis
>
> At 08:46 04/03/02 -0500, Doug McNaught wrote:
> >Ioannis <Ioannis@dante.org.uk> writes:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > >     I am using a PostgreSQL database and I recently ran to some
> > > problems.
> > >     I have a table of around two hunded thousand entries (each entry is
> > >     78 bytes) and a simple (selct * from table) query takes a lot of
> > > time to
> > >     complete). Moreover a (select * from table where column = (select
> > > oid from another_table)) takes several tens of minutes. An index is
> > > already used for `column'.
> > >     The `another_table' has something like 200 entries, while column
> > > takes its values from the OIDs of `another_table'.
> >
> >Sounds as if you're not running VACUUM.
> >
> >-Doug
> >--
> >Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
> >    --T. J. Jackson, 1863

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Greetings,
    Joerg
--
Leading SW developer  - S.E.A GmbH
Mail: joerg.hessdoerfer@sea-gmbh.com

От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: Migration problem - serial fields