Re: Creation of postgres user to cygwin.

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: Creation of postgres user to cygwin.
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Mika,

[The following is probably too little, too late...]

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 06:48:05PM +0200, mika.laitio@sysline.com wrote:
> I tried to install postgreSQL to service as mentioned in the
> postgresql-7.2.README document.

Did you really read the above carefully?  Specifically:

    [2] The "$" prompt indicates running as the "postgres" user.  Log in
    as "postgres" or use ssh to emulate Unix's "su" command.

> When I try to login to postgreSQL as a postgres-user I am however getting
> following error:
>
>       login: postgres
>       Password:
>       Fanfare!!!
>       You are successfully logged in to this server!!!
>       login: no shell: /bin/bash: Permission denied

See the following for the cause of the above:

This is what I suspected but now it has been confirmed.

HTH,
Jason